Friday, September 14, 2012

Blueberry Blossoms

I have always wanted to make something special for my sister.  I am very lucky, because not only is she my sister, she is my best friend.  While we are living thousands of miles apart, we have managed to stay close.  I miss her dearly, but I usually talk to her everyday (at least twice and sometimes more often than that).  She is how I start and end my day.  And even  those few times that we get busy with our everyday lives and families and miss a day, I know that we are always in each other's thoughts and hearts.  I opened my shop six years ago and have always wanted to make something for her, but just couldn't find the perfect fabrics or pattern - who knows the excuse at the time.  I knew eventually that I would find something that was "her".  She (and I) love turquoise and blue.  I knew when Me and My Sister's Twirl collection arrived that they would be perfect.  Besides, she replied to one of our emails that she thought this print would make wonderful pajama bottoms.  Hint, hint.


 Well, she didn't get the pajama bottoms (at least not yet), but I did make her five, one of a kind pillowcases and this beautiful quilt:

Simply beautiful just like my sister.  How fitting to use fabric from Me & My Sister Designs.  I was so happy with it that we decided to share the love and kit it up.   I wish you could see the stitching.  It is quilted with a butterfly wing pattern, which really compliments all of flowers.  Such a good feeling to know that when she is snuggled under this happy quilt, she will always be thinking of me.

Kori


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers