Thursday, August 9, 2012

Peaches n' Cream Cupcakes

Cupcake Sunday was, as usual, yummy.  This time Daughter #2 picked Peaches n' Cream Cupcakes from Cupcake Wars' Kentucky Derby episode.  Let me just say....WOW!  The peach flavored cake is nice and light and the peach filling adds a little tang.  Loved these!  They definitely made the top of everyone's list at our house.   Like ourselves, Annette, the winner of this episode, does not cook with alcohol.  We had a really hard time finding peach extract.  No one carrys it in ABQ, not even the cupcake supply store.  We could have used peach flavored alcohol, but we didn't really want to make them that way.   It is hard to buy some of these ingredients online and get a good quality product.  Some of the extracts can taste so artificial.   So, we decided to email Annette to see if she could recommend a good one.  She could not have been nicer.  She replied to our email very quickly with a link to a good supplier.  You can find the peach flavoring here.   Annette has a really fun blog that offers some of her wonderful recipes and baking tips.  The next time we visit California, we will have to stop by Goodie Girls.  I know Daughter #2 would love that (Annette is one of her favorite Cupcake Wars Champions).   I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of peach (I usually go for the chocolate), but these were delicious.  I/we would make these again in a heartbeat.  I think I will ask Daughter #2 to make these for my birthday!


Kori

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Love your blog.
    The Prepared Pantry also has peach flavoring. If you search Prepared Pantry you will find it.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol!
      We will have to check it out. Thank you very much!
      Kori

      Delete

Followers