Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hello Luscious!

 

This pretty, floral collection from Basicgrey just arrived at the shop.  


 We have yardage & precuts.  We have also kitted up the gorgeous quilt featured in Moda's booth last fall. 



Speaking of luscious!  I'm a little behind on my Cupcake Sunday updates.   I have a couple of different recipes to share.  The first is the Blue Velvet, Blackberry Curd, and Blackberry Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes.  Let me just say that these were terrific!  The blackberry curd filling is sooooo yummy - makes a lot though.  The frosting is excellent.  The lemon zest really makes it.  She (my 9 year old) zested the lemon all by herself, strained the blackberries, used an apple corer to cut out the centers of the cupcakes and filled them herself.  She wants to watch me do it "one" time and I mean one and then do the rest all by herself.  She even frosted these, too.  I only got to frost the first cupcake.  Did I mention that I love to decorate cakes?  I did have to help with the blackberry curd.  I was ready to stop stirring it after about 1 minute, so I can't imagine her doing it for 7 minutes.  This one was a little more work than some of the others, but definitely worth it.


The next cupcake is the Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cupcake.  I really liked this one. It wasn't too sweet, just really, really good.   The sour cream in the cake really complimented the chocolate chip cannoi filling and the fresh whipped cream.  I would definitely help her make these again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers